I know it seems backwards, but natural cleanses and detoxing can sometimes make your health symptoms worse. That’s actually a good sign that the detox is working, though. An immediate increase in symptoms is a common reaction to what toxin(s) your body is excreting.
Whatever toxin that your body is reacting to is what is making you feel sick. The BEST thing you can do is “get it out of there.” Understand that detoxing can sometimes make you feel worse.
If your health symptoms increase during a detox program or cleanse, then your body is “housecleaning” in a positive way by ridding itself of the toxin(s) creating the symptoms in the first place. But, adverse symptoms should last no longer than a couple of weeks at the most.
Unless it is an emergency situation, ride out the “storm'” as you detox your body. Let the toxins hidden within you come to the surface and be eliminated forever. You might be shocked at what they look like or smell like, but celebrate removing those nasty buggers from your body!!
Some Common Responses To Detoxification
* Headaches – toxins pulling out from inside the brain; usually from food chemicals, artificial sweeteners, pesticides, polluted environments, over-medication, GMOs that penetrate the Blood Brain Barrier
* Skin rashes – toxins just beneath the skin; blood toxins; body products that have absorbed below the skin’s surface; microorganisms; high levels of antimony or arsenic; chlorine (found in sucralose)
* Constipation – a collection of toxins that have accumulated in the lower intestinal tract; can result from detoxing at a higher rate than excretion can handle; dehydration; lack of natural oils and fats; increase water intake, digestive enzymes, fish or seed oils, and increase vitamin C until a loose bowel occurs
* Diarrhea – toxins that merely needed a “boost” to excrete; microorganisms that cannot live in a cleansing environment; imbalance of nutrients and body pH
* Flu-like symptoms – the pulling of toxins from the entire body; toxins excreting through the urine, bowels, and blood at the same time; toxins within myalgia in the muscles
* Malaise – lack of essential nutrients; toxins exiting the body can sometimes be compared to a “short-term illness“; get plenty of rest; be patient; maintain a positive attitude, and allow your body to “recover” in the time that it needs
If you experience what others might perceive as a negative reaction to a detox or cleanse, just know that your body is responding to some good old-fashioned housecleaning. Toxins that have remained inside you for too long need to be removed as soon as possible, and when they are excreted, you can actually see their rancidity.
It may seem touch-and-go for a few days, but when the toxins have been removed from your body, your body will rebound with cleaner tissues, purer blood, a pH balanced urine, healthy hormones, and unblemished nerve endings.
Hang in there – give your body the time and support it needs to remove the nasty chemicals and toxins making your body feel ill.
If you want to learn more about current health issues, contact me at janethull.com. Remember that you are never alone when you are looking for good health!
Gain access to all of my online programs, ongoing support, monthly Q&A, and more. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article and the youtube links. https://janethull.com/