We’ve all heard that coconuts and coconut oil are healthy for you. But do you realize just how beneficial they really are?
Coconuts and their oil:
- contain healthy fatty acids, and are high in MCTs and saturated fats;
- boost heart health;
- burn fat, but monitor how much you use because they are high in calories;
- increase good HDL cholesterol due to high levels of saturated fats;
- moisturize skin and hair;
- whiten teeth and sooth your gums;
- have antimicrobial effects because they contain lauric acid and monolaurin that can kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi;
- reduce hunger due to high MCTs;
- reduce seizures by increasing blood concentration of ketones.
To get the most benefit from coconuts and coconut oil, make sure to choose organic, virgin coconut oil rather than refined versions.
If you want to learn more about health and disease prevention, contact me at janethull.com. Remember that you are never alone when you are looking for good health!
Gain access to all of my online programs, ongoing support, monthly Q&A, and more. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article and the youtube links. https://janethull.com/