Do people give you a hard time for being a health nut and taking vitamins?
Well, according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers’ National Poison Data System, there have been no deaths from vitamin supplements, while deaths from drug overdoses are now the leading cause of injury and death in the U.S.A.
Too bad they don’t widely publicize this fact. More people should be health nuts.
The Poison Center Data Snapshot report showed that in 2021, poison professionals at the nation’s 55 poison centers responded to 2,080,917 human poisoning cases; on average, receiving an exposure case every 15 seconds.
Seventy-five percent of the poisonings were unintentional, and nineteen percent were intentional, with suicidal intent suspected in 14 percent of all cases.
None of these cases were responses to vitamins.
The substances most frequently associated with poison-related deaths are:
- pain killers
- cardiovascular drugs
- miscellaneous stimulants
- street drugs
Medication categories with the greatest increase of serious exposures were:
- cardiovascular drugs
Other findings in the report include:
- The top five substance categories most frequently involved in human poisonings in 2021 were pain killers (11.2%), household cleaning substances (7.5%), cosmetics/personal care products (5.9%), antidepressants (5.6%), and sedatives/hypnotics/antipsychotics (4.7%).
- About 93 percent of all cases reported to poison centers were calls from people’s homes.
- About 67 percent of the poison emergency cases reported to poison centers were treated at home, saving millions of dollars in medical expenses.
Zero Deaths From Vitamin Or Health Products
There were no health products, vitamin supplements, essential oils, or holistic products on the poison list. There were zero deaths from any:
- amino acid or herbal product
- Asian medicines, Ayurvedic medicine, or any other botanical
- creatine, blue-green algae, glucosamine, chondroitin, melatonin, or any homeopathic remedy
- dietary mineral supplements
- multimineral supplements
So, the question is why do our lawmakers and Big Pharma want to regulate vitamin and natural supplements, yet continue to approve toxic drugs and food chemicals?
I’m so glad that I’m a health nut and take my vitamins instead of medications.
If you want to learn more about healthy living and disease prevention, contact me at janethull.com. Remember that you are never alone when you are looking for good health!
I look forward to supporting you on your journey to alternative health and wellness.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and is educational in nature. The FDA may not have evaluated some of the statements. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding supplements or making any changes to your dietary program.
Before taking vitamins, consult your doctor; pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking can affect how your body responds to multivitamins.
You have our permission to reprint this article if you attribute us with a live back-link to this article and the youtube links. http://www.janethull.com/